> Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:
> >Yes, but at the start CDs offered better quality than longplays.
>
> I'm sorry but I can't agree with that a good quality record player in a good
> stereo system a cd can't touch a LP much less a high quality pressed LP.

Sure.  As long as you're young enough to have ears to appreciate it, have
an amplifier that is designed for the response curve of a phono cartridge,
and can somehow manage to keep dust and hair out of the environment.

For the other 99% of us CDs are a vast improvement.
(They fit in the car much better, too.  Ever try using a car-mounted
record player?)

Let's face it - most people are perfectly happy listening to MP3s. It's
a waste of time arguing the finer points of the quality of CD vs. vinyl.