Kodak gold CD-R disks were excellent. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore. Has anyone had any experience with TDK black? I can't find them around here but have heard they are very good.

Len
---
* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

From: "David Mann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: false comparison lp/cd versus film/ccd
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:10:56 +1300

Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

> > Odd, I have CD-Rs that were burned nearly 6 years ago and are still
> > readable by my computers. Surely shome mishtake?
> Me too. I have some CD-Rs with my company's archives that are older than
> even 7 years. One thing: they are all from well known brands (Philips,
> TDK, Verbatim)

I wonder if older CD-R discs have long lifespans because they were made a
lot better to begin with.  Good CD-Rs are becoming harder to find around
here as the cheap-n-nasty ones take over the market.  People buy the
cheap ones without realising that they probably won't last more than a
few months.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/