On 21/11/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>The subject says it all, but here's why!  I just got a Pentax A70-210/4 zoom
>in excellent condition (for A$110), except for the mount, which has some
>rough patches where various people have abused it.  What are the pitfalls
>(and is it practical) in taking off the lens mount and replacing it with one
>from, say, an old M50/1.7?

Well, I am a complete and utter airhead tonight.

I just re-read the original post and realised that I had missed the last
line of it, about replacing with, say, an old M50/1.7.

If I had read that bit I wouldn't have spurted out the load of drivel
that I did :-)

The electrical contacts will need careful consideration - the last thing
you need is to short anything out. If it were me, I would replace a K
mount 'A' version with the same, unless you want to lose the ability of
the lens to operate in modes other than manual. Replacing with an 'M'
version should be straightforward as Mark said. Be prepared to do some
tweaking ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__