On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, petit miam wrote:

> A Minolta was recommended to me. I think because it
> was cheaper.

Or the spiff was better.  :)

> I think I look too young to have money. People generally think I am
> about 8-10 years younger. But I had seen the Pentax MZ-30 brochure and
> nothing else was going to make me happy.

Except the MZ-7?  :)

> It was a manual Minolta too. Probably thought I was still at school. I
> get that a lot. Then another shop, the guy tried to tell me the MZ-50
> had just been re-released (6 months ago). Not sure if this is true.

Not officially, AFAIK, but sometimes Pentax will clear out some old stock
by selling it to a dealer for a great price.  Generally the spiffs are
quite good on stuff like that.

> He seemed really keen to pawn off an MZ-50 instead of the MZ-30 I had
> told him I wanted to look at. He told me he thought it had more
> functions, but didn't know what they were. It was NZ$100 cheaper, but
> that didn't impress me.

The MZ-30 actualy has more functions.  The only advantage of the MZ-50 is
that it will let you fire the shutter with non-A lenses.

chris