On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Pat White wrote:

> It's funny that digital photography supporters keep saying that there
> are no processing costs in filmless photography.  That's only true if
> you only want digital files, to email or look at on your monitor.  If
> you want prints, you still have to pay for them.

Of course.  No one, to my knowledge, has claimed that prints are free.
However, you no longer have to worry about film and d&p costs if you feel
like shooting several hundred photos in a day.  If you bring them enough
images on a CD, local pro labs charge anywhere from 20-30 cents CAN per
4x5/4x6 print from a digital file.  At this price digital is much cheaper
than film plus good developing, especially since you can pick and choose
which shots to print.

chris