North Carolina mountains. NPW is the first weekend in June.

What is everyone is talking about is the "Nature Photography Weekend" (There is also a photojournalism oriented "Camera Clinic" in August). It is one of the better nature photo workshops in the US.

Since the workshop program director is also the SE US Pentax Rep, who brings in toys for Pentax user's to play with, it has become a place to be for several of us here on the PDML.

Most of the PDML'ers camp out on the property with special permission so they can get together after hours, however there are many excellent hotel's in the area (It ski and summer resort area), and it can be arranged to get in and out after hours.

I will not be taking the workshop, but will be hanging around to visit with everyone there from the list (I live nearby). The night before the workshop most of us PDMLers hang around Bill's camper (PDML Cental) and slurp up his homebrew.

http://www.grandfather.com

--

Cameron Hood wrote:

Good scenery? Or just a good PDML hang?

How much are hotels/motels there that weekend?

Any good links to suss it out?

I might go, to, so Cotty has a Mac buddy to hang with.

C.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."