On 20 Mar 2001, at 18:37, Jens Bladt wrote:

> Hi all
> Do any of you great guys know if there was ever a lens hood for the
> A2.8/20mm. Or if any available hood fits this lens. I sure would like to
> have one.

Hi Jens,

The Pentax designated hood for the SMCPA20f2.8 is the MH-RB 67mm, it is
a circular hood of about 98mm in diameter and is no more than 14mm deep
which screes into the 67mm filter thread of the 20mm. It offers all the
shielding it can (and will work with a filter AFAIK) and definitely provides a
buffer to reduce front element damage/prints etc. I use my almost religiously,
although most people comment on what possible good it could do I expect
that it has saved my pictures from flare and my lens from damage on more
than one occasion :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA