on 03.12.03 23:22, Mark Roberts at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I notice that this body is "announced", rather than made available for
> sale. Nikon says they are "working on" this new budget priced digital
> SLR. I'll be surprised if it hits the shelves before next summer.
> They're clearly floating this early in hopes of slowing the exodus from
> Nikon to Canon.
Yep. It looks so. I wonder why Minolta hasn't come with DSLR yet? They have
probably bigger user base than Pentax... Or maybe they are working on
adapting AS system from A1 for APS sized CCD? If so they would have all-time
image stabilizing regardless of mounted lens - Canon would score serious hit
from such a development - who would like to pay extra for heavier, larger
and more power hungry IS lenses then?

--
Best Regards
Sylwek