----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Studdert"
Subject: Coming to terms with *ist D lens mag factor?

> So how are *ist D users coping with the lens mag factors and are some
lenses
> now less useful than they were on film bodies?

Just fine. I made the transition pretty seamlessly in this regard. I think
it comes from using several film formats already.
I'm not making the mistake of thinking in terms of magnification factors.

> Are you using the *ist D in parallel with film bodies?

Yup. Not having really wide angle lenses for the digital format means I am
still shooting quite a bit of film.
OTOH, I am also getting pretty good with the photomerge automation sequence
in Photoshop, which can be made to be like having a very wide angle, if one
is careful.

William Robb