Hi all,

I made my first sale today.

And what was the mistake that resulted in this opportunity?

I put together some more of my panoramas for printing last week.  Six
prints in three files (two fit on an 18x12" sheet).  Two of the files
were fine, but in my haste I mixed up the third one and copied the wrong
file onto my memory card - I had grabbed an archived file from my last
set of prints.  I didn't even notice when dropping the files into the
lab's digital kiosk.

So I ended up with two duplicated prints and wasn't really sure what to
do with them.  I brought all six pictures into work today to show a
friend who's highly interested in photography and digital imaging (BTW he
owns two LXen).  I showed them to my boss who's also into photography and
art, and when I mentioned that two were duplicates she said "I'll buy
them".  I had to make up a price on the spot, but I was quite happy to
give her a "mates rates" discount.

What's even better is that she wants them framed.  I haven't bought the
materials to frame this latest batch, but I do just happen to have my
previous prints framed and sitting in the photo room waiting for me to
find somewhere to put them.  So she'll be getting her framed prints
tomorrow!

I wonder if I should put the money into getting a big print off a 6x7
slide?  I'd love to get my rainbow shot done.  I need more wall space!

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/