> Question to the engineers out there. How difficult would it be for Pentax to
> design a 35mm lens to 645 body adapter for use with a 24x36 sensor body. Or
> how about a dual bayonet ala the 67 allowing the use of k mount lenses?

Ther's no guarantee that a 35mm lens can be mounted to a medium format body;
the lens-mount to film plane distance is less, so the lens would need to be
small enough to fit through the regular lens mount.  That's true for the 67
as well as the 645 - I don't see how you can use 35mm lenses on a 67 body.

You can use 645/67 lenses on a K-mount body with the appropriate adapter,
but that's easier; the extra mount-to-film distance allows room for the
adapter, and the larger image circle doesn't introduce any problems.