My camera club - 41 members, 7 DSLR's - 3 Nikons, 4 Canons.

Lewis

From: "frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Different take on film v digital
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:01:37 -0500

Interesting, Tom,

As I was reading your post, I realized that other than pros, I haven't seen one DSLR outside of a store. And, when I say "other than pros", I mean that I've seen a few PJ's around, plus I have a couple of friends (okay, more like acquaintances) who are pros, and have toted around there gear a few times.

But, walking around touristy areas of town, I've not seen one. And, I always keep my eyes open for cameras, believe me.

So, the salesman's "almost all digital sales are p&s folks switching" sounds reasonable to me. I really haven't seen a huge increase in 35mm gear in the used sections of local shops. Medium Format yes, 35mm, no.

cheers,
frank