I'm going to bring in my zx-7 for testing, although I know the FA 50
works fine on my MZ-S.  I have cleaned the contacted, made sure they're
on A etc.  What's so odd is that three lenses now fail and that AF won't
engage.  OTOH, I have an FA, A and Sigma lens that work fine, both
aperture and AF (when applicable).

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/19/03 02:00PM >>>
Steve,

Do you have another ZX type body to try them on?  I found that my FA
80-320 acted like it was not set to 'A' when I put it on the *istD.
After putting it on the ZX-10 it behaved just the same.  Pointing to a
problem with the lens, not the body.  After pressing and hold on the
aperture ring right near the lens mount, it starts to read properly.
Let go and it goes back to error.

Also check for dirty contacts - body and lenses.

Bruce