On Saturday, Dec 20, 2003, at 10:27 America/New_York, Ramesh Kumar
wrote:

> Is it possible to feed digital files to traditional
> printing systems?

I thought digital mini-labs like the Fuji Frontier hook up the digital
front-end to a standard RA4 printing back-end, no?

Also at Photo-Plus East, I saw a company that had a digital negative
carrier for a conventional mini-lab. Looks like they just stick a small
LCD panel into the place where the negative/positive would normally go,
and use it to expose the print. Unfortunately, I can't remember the
name of the company showing it.

--jc

I think the device you are talking about is the D-carrier, which allows you
to print digital files on an older analog mini lab. Yes the Frontier and all
the other digital mini labs are RA-4 process. To answer Kevin's (?) original
question, you might be better off buying an ink jet printer with card slots
and a small monitor built in that has P.I.M. and using that, assuming your
camera has P.I.M. If longevity is a concern perhaps an Epson 2200 with a
notebook with Elements  and a card reader would be an option.

Butch

Each man had only one genuine vocation - to find the way to himself.

Hermann Hesse (Demian)