> This one time, at band camp, Alin Flaider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   I had a similar experience with a Fuji Frontier lab and the operator
> >   emphasized I should have asked for the above options. Which I
> >   immediately did.
>
> I was thinking of purchasing some sort of portable lab for image
> processing on the spot. Sorta like Snap->download->print->sale

Many of the photo printers can read CF (and other) cards.  Canon
have printers that accept USB connections from (some) Canon cameras.
you can even get printers (from Kodak and/or HP, I believe) where
you just put the camera down on the 'photo dock'.

The printers have little LCD screens so you can scroll through the
images on the card (or in the camera) and pick which one (or ones)
to print.  You can even do some level of cropping and resizing.