I'd still be concerned that even if the prongs were made to line up via an
adaptor that the voltages and impedances might not match.  I'd need a heck
of a guaranty that this adapter was going to match that as well.
Considering the value of a DSLR I would be very hesitant.  A flash I might
risk, but a DSLR I wouldn't.  Not to mention all the intended flash
functions of this unknown DSLR would not fully function most likely.  I'd
definitely pop for the right flash if I were you Tania so as to be safe and
enjoy the full use of the camera as intended.  For example focus assist in
dark areas can be invaluable and most likely wouldn't work in the adapter
situation.  Loss of full TTL compatibility would be dismal as well.

Just my 2 cents worth

Dave

> > I wouldn't think the contacts of the 360 would match up with another
> > company's camera. Crossed-up electronics can be lovely, for a few
seconds.

> Just what I thought when I read the first post.
>
> I'm pretty sure, though, that you can buy little accessory adapters
> that just have the central hot-shoe contact, and none of the others.
>
> Here's a fairly fancy one, including a bounce adjustment:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
ku=89976&is=REG