Bernard, a legal partner(?!?) declared in this here public forum known as
PDML:

"Please be advised that our client, Mr. F Therriault, has been declared
unable to look after his own affairs by a judicial order instigated by his
family. A few days ago, Mr. Therriault started an action against certain
members of  the Pentax Discuss organization.  This action will proceed, as
Mr. Therriault is not deemed compentant to  dismiss his council, and his
legal guardian feels this action has enough merit to go ahead."

Commiserations to you Frank, it seems that it is all out of your hands now.
I will be sure to visit you in the Loony Bin, and I will endeavour to pass
the hat around to fellow PDML'ers so that we may all be able to put in for a
Pentax oriented "Care Package" for you too....

Pity, don't think they'd have any Photo Lab facilities within those padded
walls though....  At least it will make great sound insulation, no more
worries about noisy autofocus or shutter sounds...

BTW, your LX MLU never did stop working, that was just crazed mind of yours
playing tricks on you...

tan.