About a terribly mis-identified Mamiya on eBay, it was said:
>> "50mm Pentax Asahi w/ accessories, Mint"
>> Take a look at the pics . . . the third pic shows the camera has one of
>> those hot shoe/viewfinder thingies that were made to go on spotmatics
>> without shoes . . .
> Gosh Uncle Bill, haven't you heard of the mamiya/sekor DTL 1000 attachment
> for your Asahi Pentax?
>  :-)

Actually, one of my broken cameras stolen in the burglary was
a Mamiya/Sekor screwmount that had locked up.  It came with
one of those clip-on accessory shoes when I got it from a pawn
shop.  When it died, I yanked the shoe to use on my pre-Spotmatic
bodies.  (Unfortunately, the shoe was in the camera back that
got stolen in the burglary, so it too is gone.)

The accessory shoe had the Mamiya/Sekor name on it, so on
occasion someone staring into my lens could see, reading from
top to bottom:

        Olympus (on the flash)
        Mamiya/Sekor (on the accessory shoe)
        either Honeywell or Asahi (on the body)
        Pentax (on the body)
        Vivitar or Fuji (on the lens -- or Takumar, but that's not as funny)

Had a bit of funky brand-name cross-polination going on
there.  Too bad I didn't have a visible brand name on the
front of the PC-to-hotshoe adaptor to round things out to
an even half-dozen.

I need to get another one of those accessory shoes, visible brand
name or not.  That thing came in handy.

                                        -- Glenn

  • Follies William Kane
    • D. Glenn Arthur Jr.