> > Bumper sticker:  "If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they
made of
> > meat?"
>
> Yet another good bumper-sticker slogan butchered (sic) by the sub-editor.
>
> The right slogan:
>
>     If we're not supposed to eat *people*, why are they made of meat?
>
> Or, in the Flanders & Swann version (which predates any bumper-sticker):
>
>     If the Juju had meant us not to eat people,
>     He wouldn't have made us of meat!
>
> As far as I can tell this is the original, from their 1956 review.

I am so offended by this post, I am a vegetarian you know...

;-)

j/k, - my family  tend to only eat small amounts of red meat, but  we LIVE
on chicken - eat it probably 5 times a week.  This is because of two reason
really - taste - no-one in our house likes Pork, (eeeew!), only likes Lamb a
little bit, and although we all like a good steak, we can't afford to eat it
very often.  This, despite the fact that we live, smack bang in the middle
of the "Beef Capital of Australia" - yes, they take a beast from paddock 1km
from here, they slaughter him, cut it up, send it to Brisbane for
distribution and then send it back to us with a 500% mark-up!  Ironic, isn't
it?

Anyways, I have discovered that chicken mince makes THE yummiest lasagne...

tan.