I have noted a similar thing.  One of my biggest "problems" is that my
hand rests lightly against the grip shutter release, causing the
electronics to activate.  I am getting much better about turning it
off when not in use.  The place I notice it is not during picture
taking, but during playback or settings.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

m> When we use our *istD with battery grip (D-BG1) - sometimes the Tv dial
m> does not work. (switch the grip off - all is OK)

m> Is it something we do?
m> Is the grip/camera faulty?
m> Did anyone else experience similar problems?

m> [EMAIL PROTECTED]