On 5/1/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>> > On a slightly different note, I showed the following pic to a colleague:
>> >
>> > <http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/portraits/images/pic3.html>
>> >
>> > And he said, "yeah, that's a really nice shot, lovely. It's a great shame
>> > that his eye is in such deep shadow, but never mind..."
>> >
>> > This guy is a cameraman as well.
>> >
>> > "......." (me literally speechless)
>>
>> <genuine question>
>> Why? Is it impossible to brighten the other side with a slave flash?
>> </genuine question>
>>
>> Kostas
>
>I think the point is, if Cotty had wanted to do
>that he would have.
>
>annsan

Sorry Kostas, I didn't see your post for some reason. Ann is correct. I
was moving the (tungsten light around) and immediately liked the hard
shadow it created, and when one if his eyes disappeared, I knew it was
right. I moved it a little more to get it just where I wanted it. The I
made sure that the contrast was increased slightly so there was no way it
peep through the gloom ;-)

If I show a pic on the web or in print, you can be sure that it is
exactly as I want it to be seen. I get ti see all the dross, so no point
in subjecting anyone else to it!

Best,

Cheers,
  Cotty