Heiko Hamann wrote:
Hi Frits,

That makes me wonder, too. Any physicists here to explain? I simply can't imagine, why the CCD's reflectivity should change with the ISO value.

I'm not a physicist, but I am an electrical engineer by training, and the CCD's sensistivity/ISO setting does not alter any physical properties of the CCD. This happens in the hardware A/D convertor stage, where the gain of the sensor amp is adjusted to get higher/lower ISO values. So this theory about the reflection being different based on the ISO values is bunk. I have a feeling that the firmware routine that is computing the exposure value has a bug whereby the ISO setting is not being looked up, but instead some constant value has been put in, probably as a result of prototype code making its way into the final product.

rg