Well, I know for sure it's not "To Ride the open steppe, feel the wind
in your face, and have a falcon at your wrist."

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: wedding photography...ugh!

"Leonard Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If the best life lies in being able to do something you enjoy, and make

>living at it, then I think Monte is doing pretty well.  Whether we
approve
>of his approach and style or not.  It's just so easy to criticize
successful
>people, when we know we can shoot better than they can.

Oh, but I *couldn't* shoot better than him... within his particular
specialty. I just detest his photos :) If I were going to go into
business doing that kind of work I'd probably study his stuff intently
because it's clearly successful.

BTW, I thought the best in life was "To crush your enemies. To see them
driven before you. To hear the lamentation of their women."

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing