Jens wrote

> Here  goes:
> I know a good reason for choosing Pentax. Some Pentax cameras are very
> beautiful designed (MZ-3 with limited lens!) and they are simple
> to use (P&S
> ability) if you don't know anything about photography. I have met girls
> whith a camera, who didn't know anything about ASA, EV, shutterspeed,
> aperture, DOF etc. (and guys as well for that matter).  I
> remember one girl
> who had a MZ-5n. She just loved it. She was an educated person (engineer)
> but without any knowledge about photography. She wouldn't dream of showing
> up with a P&S camera. But this one is a beautiful (talking about the
> camera), high quality SLR. Anybody can use it. I believe girls do like
> Pentax! I'm sure this will stir up a long thread about sexism etc. That's
> quite allright with me guys. Go ahead...
> Jens

No it's OK with me Jens.  My wife occasionally wants to use my camera but
she isn't the slightest bit interested in knowing anything about how a
camera works.  It's not that she couldn't understand it - she's a very
intelligent woman and holds a senior post in systems design.  She just isn't
interested in men's toys as she calls them.  When she wants to make a
photograph she wants to be able to frame the picture and press the button -
so I've showed her how to set it to auto-everything and she is perfectly
happy with that.

Peter