The FF sensor issue is a question of cost plain and simple.  I doubt
Pentax will come out with a 2000+ USD camera, and will use whatever
sensor falls in this range for their high end DSLR.  The "higher" end
market will be C and N. I'm also pretty sure that Pentax's efforts will
be focused for a while on coming out with a lower end DSLR.  I think
this is the right way to go for business reasons but also for all of
those on this list that can't try digital until the low end model
emerges.

I think there is some consensus that Pentax canned the MZ-D because it
was too expensive and because the sensor quality was bad.  Don't forget
Contax went ahead with their camera based on that sensor and (from all
reports) it was a dismal failure.  Like Contax, Pentax made a bad
decision to use that sensor at all but probably made a good business
decision not to release that camera.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/09/04 08:34AM >>>

8MP and full frame sensor (Want). Then it would be like the DSLR
Pentax
teased us with. Enough of this APS in 35mm, 35mm in 645 crap.
Steve Larson
Redondo Beach, California