On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Boris Liberman wrote:

> mount is not really so crippled. I wonder, whether they can produce an
> firmware upgrade for *ist, MZ-30 and similar cameras...

Do these have electronic DOF preview? Do they have a way to upgrade
the firmware?

I was talking to a friend about the chances of the baby-D having the
same functionality. Being paranoid (and excluding the possibility that
people could perhaps patch the firmware themselves based on the *ist-D
fix), I thought that they will be selling the cheap DSLRs at or near a
loss, hoping to make money from accessories, and what better than
lenses. Same would be true for the cripple-mounts (anybody still
thinks that there was an unsurpassable technical problem to K/M
compatibility and thus there is a need to rename this mount? :-)

Kostas

p.s.: I admire Pentax's customer application.  To put out the fix
before milking the cows with the forthcoming DA16-45 is commendable
(if not commercially wrong).