On 9 Jan 2004 at 17:35, Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

> Not exactly true, at least in case of Photoshop. It preserves EXIF data
> in saved files just PS must be version 7 or later. I don't know however
> how these other programs do?

PS7 doesn't pass the EXIF data intact, only some information is retained. PS7
also doesn't recognize the imbedded AdobeRGB colour profile in the Pentax
files. Maybe the Pentax EXIF data is a partially customized form although they
do suggest compatibility with EXIF 2.21 (original documentation cites EXIF 2.2)
in the documentation associated with the new firmware upgrade.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998