Yup!  It's plastic...same on the 77mm 1.8.  This doesn't seem to be a prblem
though.

Darren S.

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: March 25, 2001 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: Japan Camera Show: 31mm f/1.8 Ltd

Is that green lens-mount-index tab made of PLASTIC?!?

Strangely enough the black one looks a little better but that could be due
it lying at a completely different angle.  I guess I'll have to buy one for
the Z-
1p and another for the chrome K2 :)

I'd be interested to know about its size and weight in addition to its
optical
qualities.  One of these could quite nicely complement my SMCP35/3.5...

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E.
email [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield