Rob, I think you have most of it.

One thing that bugs me relates to managing the flies weeks/months after shooting. Say I have the original saved, e.g., IMGP1722. I decided to do something with it, do a save-as as Brad-and-Jennifer-in-indiscrete-moment. A few weeks later Outdoor Life magazine sees the image on my web site and offers me $US12million for the rights if I can send them the original within 5 minutes. My problem is that I can't remember which IMGPxxxx file the modified shot came from.

It would be nice to imbed the file name/sequence number in some other part of the EXIF information that would be retrievable later from a saved-as version of the file. I could open my Brad-and-Jennifer shot, see the EXIF line that had the original number, and collect my $US12million...

Stan

Rob Studdert wrote:

I just put up a page containing my set of wishes for future hardware and firmware updates. We might as well be pro-active:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/Pentax_digi_wish-list/

Anyone have anything to add, discuss or dispute?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998