Hi!

For those listers who might be teetering over the purchase of a *ist D I've just put up a page that illustrates the image noise generated by a Pentax *ist D at each available EI given a wide contrast scene. It's about 850kB.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/Pentax_ist_D_noise/

Thanks. This is very interesting comparison. It looks like 200, 400, and 800 are quite useable right from the camera, while 1600 and 3200 would have to be post-processed by some noise removing software.

I suppose that ability to add two stops of sensitivity just *like that* is way cool. I guess I would have very much liked it while shooting on that wedding...

Boris