Bob W wrote:

 > In central London all building work has to have the archaeologists in
 > first so the builders don't destroy stuff. If valuable relics are found
 > then the building plans can be changed to enforce the preservation.
 > Many modern buildings in the City have basements open to the public
 > where you can go and look at the finds in situ.

Bob, that stuff is interesting to me. They had a program on the tv here in
the US about the huge graveyard full of plague victims that they found in
London.

Once in a while the US news networks report that unexploded WWII bombs were
found. Is that something that happens often?

I work in construction but we've never found anything except old bulkheads
and chunks of concrete.

Tom Reese