Ian bromehead wrote:

> I decided to invest a little in some simple filters after reading a few pop
> photo mags back issue. I just bought a few blue, yellow, warming, cloudy
> and will start to mess with 'em a little during the next few weeks. I'll go
> the library to seek out decent writings on their usage, but I wonder if
> anyone remembers
> how to use these instead of pop down menu bar layer expertise in front
> Photoshop and a monitor.
>
> I'm sure there are some folks on this thread who'd have good ideas and URL
> suggestions to
> help a poor old film amateur.

Ian, if you are doing black and white, orange and
red are great for
darkening skies,"sculpting" clouds to make them
stand out more but also
for architectural detail on sunny days.  HElps
with doing photography
at a time of day when color photos fall flat
because the sun is so
high in the sky....

Yellow is nice for rainy days, too.
THe warming filter can give you that Maria
Cosindas look  in color.

Blues are for using daylight film under tungsten
light to color balance.

Of course, i have no clue about these
relationships with digital cameras -
I'm a KX, LX and older dark side cameras kinda
gal.

ann