Hi Frank,

I suppose, in great part, that's what photography is all about.
Like radio, it allows you to put yourself into the scene, into
the picture as it were.

There was a series of books many years ago called the
"Foxfire Books."  In one volume a young woman was
interviewing a woman in her eighties, and asked if she
missed not having a television.  The older woman replied
that she didn't need a television, she had a fireplace.

Perhaps a photo is something like a fireplace ...

shel