On 12 Jan 2004 at 21:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Wow, that depth of field is really short.  You can see a sharp line of focus
> below across the brick face, on the legs, and on the leading edge of the wing.
>  Amazing what parts are in and out of focus...

It is isn't it :-)

I've made another version that I'll post at some stage. This was a first
attempt at a montage to increase DOF. As I said it was a grab shot, I saw this
guy just sitting peacefully but unfortunately he was in the shade so a limited
DOF was all that I could pull at the time. I shot off a series of images at
slightly different subject distances (on the 5th he was off) and then blended
them in PS, I went a little far with the back leg on this one though :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998