Well, I did a CLA on my Graphex shutter for my Crown Graphic. Works fine now. Though the 1/400 speed is slow, and the 1/100 speed is fast. All the rest are within spec. Unfortunately the problem that was causing the shutter to jam was a mangled hair spring in the synchronizer mechanism. Also I broke one of the steel tape leads to he sync posts. A couple of the shutter leaves are slightly bent, but I put them back in so they would not interfere with the other leaves.

So I need some impossible to find parts. Anyone got a junk shutter from a 135 Graftar or Raptar laying about? I would be interested in acquiring it.

For those who have read that you can fix one of these shutters by socking it in lighter fluid. Run away from that advice. The only thing oiled in these is the pivots or the gear wheels, everything else is a sliding contact that requires grease which the soak removes.

The Repair Manual is for a slightly different shutter (prob. changed the design over the years). I will be posting some more about this on my journal, and hope to put up something better than the factory instructions on my website within a week or so.

--
graywolf
http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."