From: Bill D. Casselberry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 January 2004 16:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Photoshop performance (was: Re: Used DSLR prices

Cotty wrote:

> As I understand the way Photoshop works, this is not correct. It is
> not the user that decides if Photoshop has to swap to disk, it is
> Photoshop. And it will readily do so depending on a number of factors
> including levels of history vs file size etc. I am prepared to stand
> corrected, but I am pretty certain that it works this way. Hard drive
> speed is not as important as some indicate; Photoshop craftily
> utilises the Scratch
> Disk(s) to enable optimum performance. Using a second drive is very
> important - selecting the startup disk as a Scratch Disk will slow
> performance.

        ah, but Cotty!

        just because PhotoShop for Macintosh has such elegant
        interface w/ the hardware is certainly no guarantee that
        an equally graceful operation is possible on all other
        computer platforms

        !;^D        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]