Andre Langevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>  >Minolta and Sigma are quite common also.
>>
>>The Sigma is now discontinued. I have one and I'm quite pleased with it.
>>It's a 58mm thread and works nicely on my 200mm f/4.0 for the 645.
>>They're probably still to be found on eBay.
>>Mark Roberts
>
>The Sigma (1,5 or 1,6 diopter) can also be found in 52mm and 62mm
>(and "replace" Nikon 3T and 4T).  The 58mm was offered as a specific
>CU for their 70-300mm lens.

Fascinating. The famous "Achromatic Close-Up Lens Page"
(http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/closeups.html) mentions only the 58mm
version. And that was the only one I ever found on the B&H web page
(when it was available).

>Is there a mention of this lens on your close-up lens?

I don't remember. And I don't have any of the packaging that came with
the lens now.

>>  > Indeed, and easily obtained, even on eBay.  But made for 52mm filter
>>  > size, so a step-up is necessary.  No big deal.
>>  Andre
>
>>My Nikons were 62mm thread.
>>christian
>
>The Nikon 3T is a 52mm and the 5T is a 62mm, both are 1,5 diopter.
>Same pattern for 4T and 6T (2,9 diopter).  I was thinking about
>somebody using it on a typical Pentax normal lens with 49mm filter
>size, but 62mm might in fact be more versatile as it would fit
>"bigger" lenses like the 135/2.5 for example.

Both the 3T and 5T are supposedly for longer lenses (80mm-200mm)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing