On a more serious note, there are plenty of these around.  They are mainly geared for
Pocket PCs and palm pilots.  The problem is that they would presumably need some kind
of support interface from the camera.  Wouldn't mind betting that the first problem
would be one of power.  The camera might not supply enough current during the write
process to transmit the file instead, and you would have to deal with all kinds of
error checking so that you could store the file somewhere if the connection cannot be
made.  Even if you had a 'sneaky' device which transmitted the file after the camera
had finished 'writing' it, I bet the camera shuts off power to the CF slot at that
point.

No reason why Cameras cant be made smarter so that they work with one though...