Hi,

Juan J. Buhler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I've been looking for a cheap ~85mm lens. Does anyone has experience
>with the Jupiter-9? It's 85mm f2, originally a copy of a Zeiss
>design. The Leica SM version has good reviews.

Not too sharp, but good for portraits, or available light people
photography. (I've used mine for weddings at f4 as well.)
When stopped down it gets definitely sharper, one of my friends
uses his one for macro work.
Bokeh is very nice, thank to the close to circular (15 blades?)
diaphragm.

Compact, well built lens.49mm filters.
The non- or single coated ones may have some flare problems.

Recently I sold mine and got a Zeiss Pancolar 1.8/80 instead,
which is much better opically, especially wide open.

>I've seen this lens on M42 mount. Does anyone know if a K-mount
>version exists?

I haven't heard of one...

Gabor