I'm not sure, but I think it was Act! that hosed my hard drive last week. As
soon as I had installed it my hard drive started acting wonky. When I talked
to a tech buddy about it, he mentioned Act! was cr*p and suggested I just
upgrade to Oulook 2003 and Get Business Contact Manager, which is what I
have done (in addition to buying a new PC).

So far so good.

On a related note my backup strategy seems to have worked fine. I pulled the
2nd hard drive out of the old PC, disconnected the 2 external drives and
other stuff, swapped in the new pc and had all my programs and data up
within 2 hours.

Pretty cool.

tv