[I sent this post a few hours ago, and I still haven't seen it come
back, so I'm trying it again - I apologize if there ends up being
two of these.]

> It's a good lens that might go for $150 if you were patient.
> A 50mm Macro means you will get quite close to your subjects.
> You can use it as a walking-around-lens, but you will notice
> the slower f2.8.

Ditto, dito, and ditto.

> It has the reputation of being an excellent macro lens.

> Seems like the 50mm macro is a sharp little beast!

It is a very nice 50mm macro lens.  It is just a tad less sharp than
the F/FA 50/2.8 Macro lens design, but it's s-o-o-o much nicer to
use (focus feel, etc.).

I use an A 100/2.8 Macro lens for most of my macro shooting, but I
still keep an A 50/2.8 Macro lens around for occasional use
(especially for traveling light) - it's just too nice a little lens
to let go of...

Fred