> I just got an SFXn as part of a bundle and realised that this camera
> takes interchangeable screens. I am not at all familiar with these
> accessories; are they still made today? Are they Pentax-only and/or
> Pentax-made only? How much do they go for?

Hi,

I have posted a long message about all the screes compatibility quite
a while ago, but can't find it to resend. Having no longer an SFXn,
this is just from memory:

1) LX screens don't fit any AF cameras, because their frames are
little smaller.
2) MX screens fit the LX and vice versa without any problems, even
though the MX screen is a teeeeny bit larger than LX.
3) modern AF cameras use focusing screens which are ALL THE SAME SIZE,
be it for the first SFX or the latest MZ-S, INCLUDING models which do
not have interchangeable screens! For example, MZ-M split-image manual
focus screen is the same format as the screen for SFXn and MZ-5 and
PZ1p...! You can get the C74 MZ-M screen from Pentax Repair. On
cameras with only center-weighed metering, it meters correctly
(although it reportedly messes up spot metering and probably matrix
too). You can even exchange the screen on MZ-5n and other models
without changeable screens, it needs just unscrewing two screws.
4) modern AF screens, because they are smaller, will fit both MX and
LX (and maybe others).
5)Basically, all the AF series shares same screen frame, which is
smaller than pre-AF. Most of the M (ME-S, MX,MG,...) should share the
same optical arrangement, but I dunno about the same frame. The K
series is wholly different, and has both larger screens and
incompatible.

Fra