GOOD NEWS arrived yesterday via old Ma Bell... Seems the Kiron 24/2 k-mount
I returned to Ken-Mar Cameras (LI, NYC) can be repaired, and Ken, the man
himself, says his tech will do this thing and I should expect the lens's
return shortly!
Yay!! My $69.00 WA is coming home! (And it will earn it's keep too; I have
all kinds of shots lined up and waiting patiently for it...)
Ken, the man himself, says the problem was "oil on the shutter blades."

So, what's "oil on the shutter blades" mean anyway? I've heard this phrase
before, but why is there oil inside a lens in the first place? Is it needed?
How does it get in there?
(Is it 10W???)
Skip