On 24/1/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>As a side point, I am beginning to think about organizational problems.
> I'm going to have many more images than I did before, so I need
>something sensible.  Events are easy, but day-to-day shooting is going
>to get lost.

This is a very valid point, and one I was thinking about. Some people
have shot lots, but what about archiving? The more you shoot, the more a
chore it becomes to sit down in front of this blessed screen again and
file away for posterity. I'd be interested to what folk do once the pics
are on the computer, and the memory card is deleted.

It seems that most professional workflows involve DVD archiving, for the
shere number of frames exposed. I'll bet tv has shot an average of 6 or 7
thousand a month, and that's a lot of work. I'm currently shooting an
average of about 6000 frames per year, and as i don't have a DVD burner,
I archive camera originals onto CD. I also go through stuff I've shot,
and optimise selected frames ready for printing or whatever. These are
also archived separately onto CD, although obviously nowhare near as
many. Probably 10 or 20 out of every hundred shots, if that.

I print a folder of 100 shots onto a page of A4 as a contact sheet for
reference, and I have a simple database with keywords for looking up
subject areas etc. This has taken a bit of a back seat, and I'm currently
dozens of folders behind on the database. This is because it's much
easier to pick up contact sheets and skim through them. Much more fun, also.

So how are *you* coping with digital post production??

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk