Nick Clark wrote:

> Message from a non-posting "member". I'm guessing there could be two production
> lines, or possibly two different models, of this lens given the totally polar
> viewpoints?
>
> Nick

Thanks, Nick!
I was surprised myself, as I bought this lens from an ancient shop owner
who really liked it. I used it over a couple of years, in a lot of
different situations, and I find if I'm careful with being level, I
literally have to look twice to tell it from my 35 or 28mm shots!
Sometimes my 50mm shots!
Of course, if I put them all side by side to compare against each other,
and know exactly what was in my kit that day, yes, I can tell one from
the other. If by nothing more than the coverage.
However, what I'm telling you is, I only keep the best lenses for
myself, and the contrast and definition of this lens are on a par with
what I like and am picky about. . .

Is it possible Vivitar did have them made in batches, or by other
manufacturers/assemblers?
I'm curious.

Nobody has to like my little 19mm f/3.9 but me, and I'll tell you, it's
an important part of my kit when I'm "afield."

keith whaley