There was a recent TV documentary about the quest to send a manned flight to
Mars.  The astronaut once outside the Earths atmosphere is unprotected from
Solar and other stellar radiation so the time exposed is a big issue.
Experienced astronauts talked about "seeing" radiation flashes probably
caused by particles passing across the retina (or maybe through the brain).
Anyone know if they protect film against radiation on the shuttle missions?
(probably gone all digital now).

Peter