I do not know is Pentax will have something new in DSLR stable, at this
point I'll be happy to see Pentax prosumer digicam like Panasonic FZ10 or
Coolpix 5700. I also realize that I will have to invest in new zoom lenses
if I choose to get *istD or its successor. My lone Pentax zoom is 28-70 f/4,
while it goes great with my ZX-5N, I do not believe that it will be a great
companion to a DSLR. So I am looking at a pretty sizeable initial investment
and I don't want to part with my superb Pentax primes to ease the cost of
transition from film to digital. I am sorely tempted by FZ10 with its Leica
glass and IS system. What bugs me is the dreaded purple fringing and
inability to use filters. Difficult choice indeed, so much great photo gear,
so little time and money.

Best regards,
Albert

>Sounds suspiciously close to the price someone mentioned Adorama as having,
that they would not honor. Got a little ahead >of themselves with the
advertising do you suppose?