First of all you said: "Even though this is a Pentax list this isn't the
normal subject of the list, so feel free to reply to me directly."

Why do you say this?  What is the "normal" subject of this list if it isn't
all things Pentax?

Anyway, on to your question about the 33WR...

A friend bought the Olympus Stylus 300 for a 10,000 mile solo motorcycle
ride from Washington, DC to the Artic Ocean (Prudhoe Bay Alaska) and back.
He liked it for the following reasons: 1. it is small and easily fit in a
slim pocket of his riding jacket.  2. It has a "clamshell" cover to protect
the lens.  3. the batteries lasted a surprising time (he charged them once
and didn't have to charge them again until he got back after several hundred
pictures! very little flash usage). 4. The water resistance factor.

If the 33WR was available when he left I would have recommended it (Pentax
loyalist) but it is bigger and doesn't have the clamshell cover so he would
not have bought it.

BTW, my friend did the whole trip on a Kawasaki single cylinder
on-road/off-road bike (klr650 I think)

Christian