I can certainly see Pentax developing a sensor based
IS system, and I suspect that the rumored new Minolta
dslr will be the first to market with such a system. I
just wish that pentax would release come information
on their digital 'roadmap' so people like me that are
on the fence would have a reason to stick with them.
As for Canon and Nikon, I agree that they will
eventually also go to the sensor based variety,
however, I think that this will be in addition to the
current lens based system otherwise they would be
cutting off their film customers and I don't think
that's going to happen just yet :-)
Yousef