The word "nerd" comes from the Dr. Suess book "If I Ran the Zoo".  My
dictionary cites this as the source of the word.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/05/04 02:27PM >>>
Dr. Suess may have used the terms but he didn't invent them.  Geek is a

side show/carny term for someone
who does something disgusting for money, such as biting the heads off
of
chickens.

At 08:32 PM 2/4/04, you wrote:
>If it is insulting Dr Suess invented it. Anyone else aware that
everyone
>of those terms is a charactor in his childrens books?
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>I am not a dweeb, and I don't think I'm a dork. I'm pretty sure I'm a

>>geek. But I could be a
>>nerd.
>

>--
>graywolf
>http://graywolfphoto.com
>
>"You might as well accept people as they are,
>you are not going to be able to change them anyway."

I drink to make other people interesting.
         -- George Jean Nathan